Focusing on composition and creativity, students are guided through lessening dependence on automatic shooting modes and seeing their subject differently. Camera modes will be explored with the ultimate goal of leveraging the creative capabilities of the camera. This course challenges the student to think 'outside the frame' and allows them to create unique photographic opportunities within the urban scenery of Toronto.
- Custom white balance to properly reproduce colors
- Exposure compensation and bracketing
- Applying composition rules
- Close up & macro photography
- Working with shutter speed, aperture and ISO to freeze action or convey motion
- Creative use of natural light: exploring Metering Modes
- Dealing with shadows in direct light
- Choosing the right lens
- Creative use of depth of field
Individuals who would like to to explore taking photographs with the guidance of an instructor while learning how to think and shoot creatively.
- Your camera- Fully charged battery + extra battery- Memory cards- Lenses: 24mm-200mm (or equivalent) range coverage***- Comfortable walking shoes- Weather-appropriate attire*** Henry's Rentals: Wish you had a special lens or camera body for this event? Check: www.henrys.com/rentals for equipment selection and more information.
MEETING LOCATION INFO:The meeting point for this workshop will be at our Church Street entrance of our Henry's Toronto store location. Instructor Daniel Garcia will lead you through a route in the downtown core that will give you numerous photographic opportunities. Take in the urban feel, the architecture and city parks as you make your way through the streets of one of Canada's busiest urban centres.RAIN POLICY:In case of extreme weather, students will be contacted up to 2hrs prior to the start of the course and notified in case of a cancellation. Please check your email and phone messages for details about a potential cancellation before leaving for the class.Cancellation due to weather:- Prior to course start time: Customers will be given the option to rebook or refund their registration- After course start time up until half way through: Customers we be offered to rebook their course to the next available date- After course start time but later than half away through: Rebooking or Refunds will not be available if more than half of the allotted time for the course was covered.
To reschedule or refund a course please contact your local Henry's store.
View Store Locations
No one has rated this yet. Why don't you be the first?
In order to access the student notes for this course, please follow these steps:
Looking for student notes for an older, discontinued class taken before October 2016?
Please email us at: email@example.com to make your request (Until March, 1st, 2017).
Find the perfect course for you!
Find Out More
Check out our tips and tricks blog for great insight on taking better photos no matter your experience level.
View Tips and Tricks
© 1996-2017 Cranbrook Glen Enterprises Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
View your full shopping cart for taxes and shipping.