Focusing on composition and creativity, students are guided through lessening dependence on automatic shooting modes and seeing their subject differently. Camera modes will be explored with the ultimate goal of leveraging the creative capabilities of the camera. This course challenges the student to think 'outside the frame' and allows them to create unique photographic opportunities within the gorgeous scenery of Gatineau Provincial Park, Quebec.
Photography Concepts & Terminology Knowledge
- Custom white balance to properly reproduce colors
- Exposure compensation and bracketing
- Applying composition rules
- Close up & macro photography
- Working with shutter speed, aperture and ISO to freeze action or convey motion
- Creative use of natural light: exploring Metering Modes
- Dealing with shadows in direct light
- Choosing the right lens
- Creative use of depth of field
- Using accessories such as neutral density filters, circular polarizing filters, tripods, and shutter release cables
Who Should Attend?
Individuals who would like to to explore taking photographs with the guidance of an instructor while learning how to think and shoot creatively.
What To Bring To Class:
- Your camera
- Charged battery
- Memory cards
- Wide angle and a telephoto lenses, or a single lens with a zoom such as and 18mm-200mm lens
Highly recommended but not mandatory:
- Macro Lens
- Shutter Release Cable
- Circular Polarizing Filter/Neutral Density Filter
MEETING LOCATION INFO:
The meeting place will be in Gatineau Park, Quebec. A more specific meeting spot will be announced via email to the students who have signed up. You will get to explore great scenic lookout areas such as Pink Lake and old abandoned structures and waterfalls near Meech Lake.
In case of extreme weather, students will be contacted up to 2hrs prior to the start of the course and notified in case of a cancellation. Please check your email and phone messages for details about a potential cancellation before leaving for the class.
Cancellation due to weather:
- Prior to course start time: Customers will be given the option to rebook or refund their registration
- After course start time up until half way through: Customers we be offered to rebook their course to the next available date
- After course start time but later than half away through: Rebooking or Refunds will not be available if more than half of the allotted time for the course was covered.