Focusing on composition and creativity, students are guided through lessening dependence on automatic shooting modes and seeing their subject differently. Camera modes will be explored with the ultimate goal of leveraging the creative capabilities of the camera. This course challenges the student to think 'outside the frame' and allows them to create unique photographic opportunities within the scenery of Port Credit, Mississauga.
Camera 101 class or equivalent knowledge
- Applying composition rules & tips for more effective results
- Choosing the right lens & focal length
- Working with shutter speed to achieve specific motion effects
- Working with aperture for creative use of depth of field
- Assessing and making the most of the natural light at hand
- Dealing with shadows in direct light
- Exploring your camera's metering modes
- Effective use of your camera's exposure compensation & bracketing features
- Close up & macro photography
- Applying white balance control to properly reproduce colours
Who Should Attend?
Beginner to intermediate owners of interchangeable lens cameras (and advance compact cameras) who would like to take photographs with the guidance of an instructor to learn how to think, see and shoot more creatively.
What To Bring To Class:
- Your camera
- Fully charged battery + extra battery
- Memory cards
- Lenses: 24mm-200mm (or equivalent) range coverage***
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Weather-appropriate attire
*** Henry's Rentals: Wish you had a special lens or camera body for this event?
Check: www.henrys.com/rentals for equipment selection and more information.
MEETING LOCATION INFO:
Students are to meet at Saddington Park in Port Credit off Lakeshore Blvd and Mississauga Rd S, Mississauga. Your instructor will then lead you for a walk (less than 1km) through Port Credit Harbour.
In case of extreme weather, students will be contacted up to 2hrs prior to the start of the course and notified in case of a cancellation. Please check your email and phone messages for details about a potential cancellation before leaving for the class.
Cancellation due to weather:
- Prior to course start time: Customers will be given the option to rebook or refund their registration
- After course start time up until half way through: Customers we be offered to rebook their course to the next available date
- After course start time but later than half away through: Rebooking or Refunds will not be available if more than half of the allotted time for the course was covered.