In our Flash 201 for Canon course we will take you beyond from simple flash pictures to taking full advantage of the Canon E-TTL II System. You will learn how to use multiple flash units to achieve beautifully lit images and also how to set up the flash wirelessly.
Flash 101 or equivalent knowledge
- Understanding the properties of light
- Using Flash in Program, Aperture & Shutter Priority modes
- Taking Creative Control: Shooting in full Manual mode with flash
- Going Wireless
- Multiple Flashes: working with 2, 3 and 4 flash units
- Using light modifiers
- How and when to use Canon's flash exposure lock (F.E.L.) feature
Who Should Attend?
Owners of Canon DSLR cameras & flash units who wish to learn how to use their flash to get the best possible results.
Note: Users Canon Advanced Point & Shoot cameras that have a flash hot shoe are also welcome to attend this course.
What To Bring To Class:
- Your Camera
- Charged battery (fully charge it before class)
- Memory card
- One (or more) Canon E-TTL II system compatible flash capable of being used as a wireless slave flash (Models: Canon 580EX/II, 550EX, 430EX/II, 420EX, 320EX; Metz 58AF-2, 50AF-1, 44AF-1; Sigma EF-610 DG Super)
- Fully charged batteries for your flash
- Optional: Canon ST-E2 wireless E-TTL II transmitter or other flash capable of acting as a wireless master flash