In our Managing Photos in Aperture course you will learn how to take control of your growing photo collection by learning effective storage strategies, how to effectively get around your photo collection, how to sort & group them according to any criteria - whether it's via the information already embedded in your photos by your camera or by means of the decision-based information you can tag onto your images. Discover the benefits of applying tags to your photos - such as keywords and ratings. We'll also share with you ways you can manage multiple photo libraries as well as how to put an effective back up strategy into place.
Basic Computer Skills, Photography Concepts & Terminology Knowledge.
- Computer, storage & other set up recommendations
- Terminology Dictionary: Aperture's jargon explained
- Understanding the relationship between Aperture & your computer's core folder structure (Mac)
- Interface tour
- Configuring Aperture to your needs
- Importing photos into Aperture
- Getting around by browsing, zooming, searching
- Metadata demystified: Making effective use of the information embedded in your photos and adding your own Metadata
- Getting organized: Ratings, Keywords and other labels; Sorting & Filtering options; Stacking; Albums & Smart Albums
- Managing Libraries: Merging two or more Libraries together; Copying a Library to another computer; Backing up your photo collection
Individuals who are looking to become as efficient as possible with the managing of their photo collections using Apple's Aperture.
Note: Although Aperture is a Mac platform software solution only, PC users who are contemplating the switch to Mac or who are merely curious about how Aperture can address their photo managing needs are welcome to attend.
You're ready for the Aperture 101 course if you've got sound fundamental computer knowledge as well as a solid understanding of basic digital photography concepts & terminology.
Excellent primer for Aperture. I found the explanation and demonstration of the strengths of Aperture a great help as I try to figure out the best way to approach the conversion of my images from the Windows / Picasa world to the Mac world. It was drinking from a fire hose for more than 4 hours but well worth the cost and time invested.
0 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful for you? Report As Inappropriate
Good, practical hands-on session. The instructor was very knowledgeable, but there seemed to be too much material to cover in the 4 hour workshop. I was a little disappointed that the "class notes" was simply a pdf version of the Apple manual that comes with Aperture 3.
In order to access the student notes for this course, please follow these steps:
Henry's School of Imaging workshops are quick, informative programs covering a variety of imaging topics.
Find Out More
Check out our tips and tricks blog for great insight on taking better photos no matter your experience level.
View Tips and Tricks
Contact us toll free at 1 (888) 574-0250 or email@example.com
© 1996-2013 Cranbrook Glen Enterprises Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
View your full shopping cart for taxes and shipping.