In our Managing Photos in Lightroom course we will focus on Lightroom's Library module, where the browsing and managing of photos takes place. You will learn how to take control of your growing photo collection by understanding how get around your images, sort & group them according to specific criteria. You will discover the benefits of applying keywords, ratings, flags and other tags to your photos. We'll also share with you ways to manage multiple photo catalogues as well as how to put a back up strategy in place.
Basic Computer Skills, Photography Concepts & Terminology Knowledge.
- Introduction to Lightroom
- Computer, storage & other set up recommendations
- Terminology Dictionary: Lightroom's jargon explained
- Understanding the relationship between Lightroom & your computer's core folder structure (Mac & Windows)
- Interface tour: Menus, Modules & Panels
- Configuring Lightroom's preferences, catalogue settings, and back up
- Options for importing photos into Lightroom
- Browsing, zooming, and searching for images
- Metadata demystified: why it matters and how to use it
- Adding your own Metadata
- Getting organized and using full screen and side by side photo viewing
- Using Ratings, Flags & other tagging tools
- How to use Keywords
- Sorting & Filtering options
- Collections & Smart Collections: Lightroom's virtual folders
- Using more than one Catalogue
- Back up strategies
Who Should Attend?
Individuals who are looking to become as efficient as possible with the managing of their photo collections using Adobe Lightroom.
You're ready for the Lightroom 101 course if you've got sound fundamental computer knowledge as well as a solid understanding of basic digital photography concepts & terminology.