Taking a photo with your camera is only the first step in producing spectacular images. Just about every photo could use a little Photoshop love. From performing basic colour and exposure corrections to healing away pimples and wrinkles, we'll get you up to speed on one of the most exciting aspects of digital photography.
Basic computer skills
- Getting to know the Photoshop Elements screen layout
- Navigating the interface, zooming, and panning
- Overall image enhancement: colour, contrast, sharpness
- Spot area enhancements: cloning, healing, shadow & highlight corrections and more
- Cropping, rotating & preparing to print
Individuals who are interested in learning how to fix photos on a computer by using a powerful yet simple software like Photoshop Elements.
- For students attending this course at Barrie, Sudbury, Winnipeg or St John's, you are REQUIRED to bring your own laptop with a working copy of Photoshop Elements 9 installed, Laptop power adapter and a Mouse
- For students attending this course at any other School location, Mac computers will be provided for class
IMPORTANT NOTE - For students at Barrie, Sudbury, Winnipeg or St John's locations:
- You may use a 30-day trial version of this software, available for download at adobe.com. A full retail version is highly recommended, as you will require the software for your own use after the trial version expires.
- Sample images will be provided on a DVD at the start of class. Arrive 10 minutes early to ensure all images and or software are loaded and software is working.
I just completed PS Elements 101 & 201 today and I can highly recommend both courses. I would suggest however that you break the courses up by taking one on one weekend and another at a later date if possible, as it is a lot to absorb in a short period of time.
Darren our instructor was thorough and helpful as he guided us through the many features of the program, he even went overtime to help us get the gist of the many things that are able to be done with the program. I just wish I was able to have taken the courses a bit apart so I could have had time to play with the program to familiarize myself before having the next section added.
The course supplies Macbook computers to use, none of us in the class had used the computers before but Darren explained what the difference would be between what we were using and what we would see at home. I feel fairly confidant that I will have no problem taking what I learned and applying to my PC.
All in all the courses were well worth the time and money expended.
Now to apply what I learned on my pictures.
0 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful for you? Report As Inappropriate
I've been working with Photoshop Elements for about a year, so I wasn't sure whether a Level 1 course would teach me anything new. I was pleasantly surprised! I learned several new ways to improve my digital photos, and easier ways to perform the tasks I was already doing. The instructor, Darren, was fun and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this course.
Our instructor Jim, did an excellent job of taking us through the basics. The information covered was well worth the time.
My only suggestion is that there be a combined #1 and 2 class offered over an entire day - with a break for lunch. I learned a great deal, but was left wanting more than could be reasonably taught in the 3 hours allocated.
Thanks Jim.. well done.
Instructor started late and got sidetracked too often with one person monopolizing time, resulting in some areas being glossed over. Content was presented too quickly..even the hands on work was rushed. Helpful to have same type of computer as instructor. He had a Mac and I had a PC...key functions were a little confusing.
The content was great and informative, however, when Darren was asked a question about the best software to do the job, or if multiple packages are required, he began insulting the student about workflow and file organization and totally ignoring the question. He came across more as a bully instructor than a helpful instructor.
In order to access the student notes for this course, please follow these steps:
Henry's School of Imaging workshops are quick, informative programs covering a variety of imaging topics.
Find Out More
Check out our tips and tricks blog for great insight on taking better photos no matter your experience level.
View Tips and Tricks
Contact us toll free at 1 (888) 574-0250 or firstname.lastname@example.org
© 1996-2013 Cranbrook Glen Enterprises Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
View your full shopping cart for taxes and shipping.